Jack The Ripper Tour
Jack the Ripper tour is resource operated by Richard Jones of Discovery Tours and Events Ltd. The tour explores the East End of London and enables people to get to grips with a chapter in London’s history when England’s capital city walked in daily fear of an unknown miscreant who was terrorising the streets of the Spitalfields and Whitechapel.
Richard has always wanted to offer the best Jack the Ripper tours in London, and he has carefully built a team of handpicked guides to ensure that you are guided by experts when you take a walk with his company.
These guides are acknowledged experts on the Jack the Ripper case and two of them – Philip Hutchinson and John Bennett – have, like Richard, published books on the case. It is this dedication to ensuring that we enlist the services of expert guides that helps maintain the quality of our tours.
No other company offers you such an array of published authors and that is why ours is widely regarded as being the premier Jack the Ripper Tour in London.
- We’re the original Aldgate East Jack the Ripper Tour and have been introducing people to this fascinating story since 1982.
- We’re recommended by the Bible of ripper studies The Complete Jack the Ripper A to Z. To be mentioned in its pages means that you are internationally recognised as a World authority on the case.
- Our guides have, between them, written nine acclaimed books on the Jack the Ripper case.
- You will have seen us on every television documentary on the case over the last twenty years.
- Our walks have received critical acclaim in newspapers such as The Los Angeles Times, The Sunday Times, The Daily Express, The Mail on Sunday, The Evening Standard,, The Orange County Register, plus countless other newspapers and magazines throughout the world.
- We limit the number of participants on our walks to a sensible and manageable number. We don’t herd you round on a massive cattle drive of a tour.
- We start in the very heart of the area where the Whitechapel Murders occurred and follow a chronological route that visits more of the actual murder sites than other tours.